Double Degree with Tongji University in Shanghai
The Dual Master Degree in Building Engineering and Architecture is an educational path that offers to participants the title of:
- MS in Building Engineering with EU acknowledgment;
- MS in Architecture with EU acknowledgment;
- MS in Architecture with Chinese acknowledgment.
This program offers big opportunities to both Chinese and Italian students.
In July 2010 the University of Pavia and Tongji University of Shanghai signed an agreement to activate a Double Degree program between the Master Degree in Building Engineering and Architecture EU “Corso di laurea magistrale a ciclo unico in Ingegneria Edile-Architettura (Classe LM-4 cu.) in English language and the “Master of Architecture” (Shuoshi) of Tongji University.
It begun in academic year 2011/2012: fifteen Chinese students from Tongji University of Shanghai and six students from University of Pavia attended one year in Pavia and the next in Shanghai. There, in June 2013 they attended a thesis defense and all Chinese students and two Italians got the Double Title.
The class is composed by selected students:
- Chinese graduate students, from Tongji University, in possession of the Xueshi title in architecture of the duration of five years;
- Italian undergraduate students, from the University of Pavia, who already attended three years of the ordinary course in Building Engineering and Architecture.
RESPONSIBLE: Prof. Roberto De Lotto